Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fun block

While searching the web for some paper pieced Christmas ornament patterns I came across a swap from 2000. It was the sigornamentswap.       They used a simple looking paper pieced pattern for the ornament. In the center there is a spot to sign your name.

 
After you swap a few ornaments, you can put them together to make this:

If you have lots of people swapping, you could make this:



That must have been a fun swap! I might play around with it and see if I can make a fun little wall hanging. I think it would be fun to add my families names and birthdate's in the signature line. Then it would be a family heirloom that can have names added for the new members.

3 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

What a cute idea! That would make a cute family tree project too. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Jenn

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love that!! I think you should start a swap! I would join!!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I would join a swap too--think about it--hugs, Di