Friday, September 11, 2009

New fabric in the mail


I placed an order with JoAnn's online awhile back. I never thought it would take a couple weeks for it to show up at my house. I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon. Plus, the colors are different in person than on my screen. I have had no problems buying from Etsy or ArtFire...go figure. I think I will stick with the little guys who have much  better service.

Anywho...I needed a bunch of grey for sashing on an in progress quilt. I got a bunch of grey, but not cotton. It has the feeling of those nylon gym shorts the kids wear on one side and a fuzzy soft something on the other side. This won't work for my quilt. I think it might be good with the fuzzy side out on scarves though. I will have to make a test run to see how it washes up. Maybe on a coaster first.

 
I loved this fabric. I thought I might be able to use this as a full panel quilt. Or it would make a good backing on a little guy quilt.
  
I also ordered a world map quilt and a U.S. (not pictured)  I think I can make 2 baby/lap quilts out of each piece since tha patterned repeated twice.

 
Suzi likes to check all fabric that comes into the house. She is my crafty dog. She loves to smell fabric and yarn. lol
Suzi approves of the pink fabric :)  She wanted to keep it as a pillow. Sorry Suzi...you shed way too much.

0 comments: