Thursday, May 13, 2010

Christmas time ?



This is the other handwork that I have been working on lately. Some days I get a heart sewn down and other days I spend more time on it.

I picked up two of these Advent Calendars at A.C. Moore's after Christmas sale earlier this year. I was thinking I would keep one and sell the other once they are finished. I actually enjoy working on these type of felt kits. They are very relaxing. Not as portable as some projects because of the beads and sequins so I keep it next to my spot on the couch and work on it every once in a bit.

The directions says that you can just glue the pieces down but I'm not comfortable with the glue lasting for years packed away with all the other holiday decorations. I hand stitched each set of numbers to the hearts and then to the circle. Also the Merry Christmas is hand stitched down. I use the sequins/beads to attach the beard, etc. This way if the kids are a bit rough, it will still hold up nicely over the years.

Felt kits can be a bit pricey but I try to wait until the after holiday sales and pick up a few at 50% off. I also love to make the felt stockings too. I like how the pieces are all printed on the felt and numbered. Makes it easy...

6 comments:

Barb said...

That is soo cute!

Maria said...

Gorgeous!!!
You have remined me I have an advent calender wall hanging tucked away somewhere.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HO HO Ho--I hear jungle bells someplace--oh that is just Robin working on a Christmas project!!!
Love that Santa thingy!!!
Hugs, Di

Unknown said...

it is really cute...I love felt things...

Kristen said...

So very cute! Felt projects are lots of fun. I am truly addicted to the buttonhole stitch.

Aunt Spicy said...

What a cute idea! I love that you are making it...i would buy it and then never make it!