Saturday, May 22, 2010

Whoopie Pies

I've been seeing some really yummy  looking whoopie pies on a few blogs lately. I decided that I just had to have some.




I went on a search for a recipe that did not have any milk (due to my allergy). I found one on my favorite recipe site, AllRecipes.  I used an ice cream scoop to make the cookies. After making a couple dozen scoops I became bored scooping.



So, I made a giant whoopie pie. I used a couple brownie pans. This wasn't one of my better ideas though. Actually, it was a good idea just not followed through very well. The cake portion is too thick. If I had sliced each cake in half and layered frosting in between each layer it would have been better. As it is though, they tasted just like devil dogs.  Of course these are not very healthy with the shortening but they are soooo good.

3 comments:

sunny said...

I think your idea of making one large pie is a great idea? If i start out for your house right now, will there be any left when I get there? LOL! Enjoy.

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL you sound like me!! I got great ideas than they turn out way bigger!!
Enjoy!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well--now you done it!!!!
I was going to be "good" and not have any sweets tonight---but as I can't share a 'Whoopie pie/cake" with you--I will have to go with a second choice and get me a dish of ice cream!!!!
Hugs, Di