Saturday, May 29, 2010

McGuffey has a growth spurt



This month for The Year of Schnibbles we were able to choose any Schnibble pattern. My daughter Mandy (19) needs a new quilt so I let her choose from the patterns I had in my stash. She chose McGuffey and wanted to use red, black, and white for the colors.



Mandy chose all the fabrics. As I was working on it I wasn't sure if I liked it. Once I started putting the rows together it started looking a bit better. Now that the top is done...I really like it. It measures 72" X 84". A nice size for a double bed.




Mandy was questioning if it was going to be big enough for her though. So after we had it all spread out on the front lawn, I had her lay on it to test out the size. I wrapped her up to show her that it was plenty big enough. Here at my house we don't need any rulers or measuring tape. Just lay on it and see if it is big enough lol.




I couldn't resist this picture. When the kids were little I always took pictures of there little piggy toes. So cute! Now that she is a "Big girl now" (that's what she always tells me anyways) I guess I should switch to the other end of the body lol. Next week she is off to Alabama for a vacation to spend some time with her best-est friend. Then in August she is off to the Army. Don't know what I will do without my shopping buddy lol.

15 comments:

nattyj said...

This quilt top is just gorgeous! The use of the colours and pattern is just beautiful!

Maria said...

Your DD quilt is just gorgeous.Black and white with another colour always looks great.

Love the Photos too. You will miss her when she is away. :(

Paulette said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I love the color scheme. Have been wanting to make one like that pattern for a while myself.

luv2quilt2 said...

I love the quilt top. I've been tempted to do a red white and black, but to this point, I don't have any black in my stash.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I really like the way this came out. Black and white is so versatile and classic.

Where is your daughter going to basic training?

carmel said...

robin- its beautiful!!!
and it looks so big!!!
your daughter is lucky!
and great pick of colores!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great colors. Great pattern too. My son says if I'm going to make him a quilt it needs to "fit" him.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

OH WOW--what a beautiful quilt---I hope your daughter realizes just how lucky she is!!!! and I want to know -- do you sew instead of sleeping???
I seems you are always "putting" out large quilts--like nearly everyday--what I am doing wrong here????
Have a fun week end--
Hugs, Di

Jonathan said...

What a pretty quilt top, I really like the colors!!
I do the same things with my kids, takiing pictures of their little feet and hands. I don't want to forget how small they are now :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Robin, DD quilt is gorgeous...you will miss your shopping buddy...Warm Regards, Lyn

Mary Johnson said...

It's gorgeous! I frequently worry about quilts in the middle of piecing them and usually like them by the time the top is assembled and love them by the time it's quilted!!

Barb said...

What a cute quilt!!!

Ruhammie said...

Wow! I really like how this one turned out! What a fun pattern and color combination. As for your daughter, she's doing a great honor for our country, I'll send my prayers. My husband is army reserve (he joined at 17!), I have mixed emotions about it all. :)

Unknown said...

I love how it turned out....her fabric choices are awesome!

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, love your version of this Schnibbles. The colors you used are great!