Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy May

Nothing very exciting going on here this weekend. Yesterday I took the time to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the kitchen floor. It gets mopped on a regular basis but periodically it needs to be attacked with a scrub brush. It's 12 inch ceramic tile with grout so it needed it. Now it is ready for the next batch of quilts to be basted on it. Lucky for me I have a few needing basting right now. Actually, more than a few...



I bought this cute guy when we went to the Flea Market this past Wednesday.



We were only supposed to be buying fruits and veggies but I saw this guy and just had to have him. When you hold him by the tail, his body wiggles back and forth a bit.





This month's Schnibble is quilter's choice. My daughter chose this pattern for a quilt for her bed. I will be making lots more blocks too bring it up to at least a double size quilt. It will be black, white, and red. She actually picked the fabric out month's ago for a quilt that she was going to make but that didn't happen. Now, Momma gets to make a quilt for her.

3 comments:

Maria said...

What on your hands and knees to clean!!!! You are a good girl.

Your little croc is cute.

Your Daughters quilt will be gorgeous in Black/White and Red. those colours are always stunning together.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I do the same thing to my tile floors about once a year. I clean all the grout in the showers too but more frequently. It feels good once it's done.

Black, white and red is going to look good in the Schnibbles pattern.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Well--I have to get on my hands and knees to just mop my kitchen floor and the bathroom one--I have found that a nice small rug or towel folded up under my knees help me--I can "slide" backwards and work my way out of the room!!
I haven't chose my pattern yet--I have two i got on sale a while ago--so will get out the charm pks I have and decide which one for which charms!!!
Thanks for leaving your prayer for Mary
Hugs, Di