Thursday, May 27, 2010
I came across this swap last year. I ended up not joining though because that was before I figured out how to do a scant 1/4" seam. I had only been quilting for a very short time and couldn't get my blocks to look right or be the right size. So, I decided to just go ahead and make a bunch of blocks because I liked the pattern and colors the swappers chose. I had these in my drawer of blocks also. I was planning on sashing them in grey. I've recently come to realize that I am not very good at matching up sashing. With that in mind, I decided to just put a border of grey around each block and then sew them together. I can match seams this way so it was a win win situation. I got the look I wanted plus matching seams.
I had some extra blocks so I made a little doll quilt top.
I didn't have enough grey for these blocks. I think I will incorporate them into the back of the big quilt.
I like seeing my miscellaneous block drawer emptying. I'm sure it will be filling back up pretty soon though.