Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mail Call

A couple fun things arrived in my mailbox recently. I was lucky enough to win two give a-ways!


I have to say that I LOVE QuiltMaker magazine! I actually have a subscription for QuiltMaker magazine. The quilts they show just speak to me. They also have a blog that I follow which is where I won this magazine. I've already picked out a couple quilts that I will be starting soon. One of them is the one on the front cover. I never thought I would actually go for the 30's fabric but I find that I really like the colors. They are bright but not glaring and the prints are fun.



I also won some selvages from the Selvage Blog. Once again I thought I would never collect selvages but now I find myself actually looking at them and saving them. I need to learn to stop saying never I guess.


I love the acorns and stockings on these selvages. I wonder if the manufacturers are starting to pay more attention to what they put on their selvages since they know how many people are saving and trading them now?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great little wins! Those selvages are just adorable!

Barb said...

How fun!!! I agree with you about the salvages but now it looks like it might be fun.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh happy day for your winnings!!!
I never did the salvage thingy either until recently--now I have a drawer full!!!! Now to find time to do something with them!!!
Hugs, Di

Ruhammie said...

Those selvages are fun looking! Here's a selvage dress that my friend pointed out to me recently

http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/2008/10/big-selvedge-project.html

Can you imagine creating that!!