Friday, October 16, 2009

It works!!



 Our living room table has always been cluttered. I am as much to blame as hubby and the kids but I think Robbie is the biggest culprit. Sorry Robbie but you have the dropsies sweetie.Whenever he walks past the table he seems to just drop whatever he is holding.

Just putting out the witch table topper didn't seem to control the clutter. Add in the stuffed pumpkin and it is a miracle lol. This seems to be a good combo for our house. Nobody seems to have the dropsies as much anymore.

I guess I need to make a Christmas tree for December...





This pumpkin was made from a panel. I traded for a box of Halloween fabric and this fun pumpkin panel was in it. It actually looks real from a short distance. Our oldest thought I went out and bought a painted pumpkin for the table. Good job to whomever designed this panel. Great colors.

8 comments:

Shari said...

I thought it was a painted pumpkin! Very cool and very clever... (my kitchen table is the same... junk magnet, and papers, and lunch boxes - and I know there's a table runner under there somewhere!)

Searchfamilies said...

I thought it was painted really nice something unusal
Clutter & families at said together lol
Hugs Janice

Babs said...

Beautiful Pumpkin! I thought it was painted too LOL. And the witches are too cute. I just came across that pattern in my stack of magazines.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I thought it was painted too! that is a fun idea. Hey, I have a child just like that, who now just changed her spot to drop!!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

What a cute way to use a panel. That pumpkin is neat and the little table topper is super adorable. I thought it was painted. Did you make the pattern up on your own? So cute!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hey it is working--miracles still do happen1!! lOVE BOTH THE QUILT AND THE PUMPKIN----PS have you started the tree yet?????

Hugs, Di

Unknown said...

that pumpkin does look real, WOW love it

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

That is really neat! I thought it was a painted pumpkin at first as well. What a lovely idea.

I end up with so much junk on my table that I always end up bellowing at the Hubby. He has a 2 car garage for his "treasures" and I have my craft room/office for my goodies. PUT YOUR STUFF AWAY WHERE IT BELONGS HUBBY...

(Truth is I keep my stuff put away just so he can't borrow my good sewing scissors to cut a piece of wire when he can't find his snips. It's not because I'm organized or anything!)