Sunday, October 25, 2009

Spooktacular top



I finally put my Spooktacular blocks into a quilt top. I purchased a box of Halloween fabrics and found this green spiderweb fabric in it. I knew the green would work nice with the Spooktacular blocks. I'm just glad there was enough. I think I am going to bind it in orange. I'm leaning towards just straight line quilting around the blocks. I might do a bit of outlining free motion in the theme blocks. I'll know better once I get it all sandwiched and it "speaks" to me. When it's all finished it will be going on my bed.

7 comments:

SANDY said...

What an awesome quilt. Looks like you put lots of time into it.

Also love the purple granny square ghan in your profile.

Doing some blog walking this am, visiting folks who list knitting, or crocheting as an interest. Always fun to connect with others with similar interest.

Sandy

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love it and the sashing fabric looks great. I am working on mine right now too!! Boy is mine heavy!! and I use low loft batting! But I just love how they are all turing out. Don't forget to post it on the flickr page for all to enjoy!!

Searchfamilies said...

Looks great well done
Hugs Janice

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

That is so cool! I just love looking at your creations. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Shari said...

The green is perfect for the sashiing - good find. Turned out lovely...

Mama Spark said...

You are a few steps ahead of me! I like the green for sashing. Great to see it finished!bedisr

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great Halloween quilt! That sashing fabric was perfect!